Employment Opportunities at TAVIS Corporation:
(1) Opening - See Summary Below
Founded in 1969, TAVIS Corporation is an aerospace manufacturing company that offers a peaceful campus-like setting located in the rural town of Mariposa, nestled in the Sierra Foothills, only a short drive from Yosemite National Park. We are a major supplier of highly accurate, rugged and reliable pressure transducers for the Satellite, Launch Vehicle, Spacecraft, and Aircraft industries. Our commitment is to provide the best products and services possible, which meets or exceeds requirements, while continuously improving our management system.
Imagine the sense of accomplishment when you see something you designed or built traveling to the sun on Solar Probe, or helping propel astronauts into Deep Space. Imagine being part of a team, a hardware manufacturing organization that was an integral part, from inception to completion, of America's Space Launch System or the Orion space capsule. Imagine the feeling while watching the launch, landing and data collection of the Mars InSight Probe, knowing you've helped make history and expand the human knowledge of our universe.
Come join our team and be a part of the next adventurous program to put humans deeper into space than ever before and possibly on the surface of Mars for an even greater "giant leap". If you love the idea of working in the environment of a custom manufacturing and highly capable engineering facility, then TAVIS should be your next career move.
TAVIS Corporation offers benefits such as medical coverage, life insurance protection, 401(k) with matching, profit-sharing plan, and a vacation and holiday program. Employees can also opt to buy group rate insurance for Aflac, vision and dental.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), applicants that become employees of TAVIS Corporation must be able to provide evidence of one of the following:
- a citizen of the United States of America;
- a lawful permanent resident of the United States of America as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20);
- a protected individual of the United States of America as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
TAVIS Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with TAVIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Current Open Positions:
We are seeking a motivated manager who is willing to be a leader, and strive for greatness in the work they do. The Production Manager at TAVIS Corporation is a high-level professional and managerial position. As the Production Manager, you will be responsible for all manufacturing and production planning activities.
Managerial duties of this position also include fostering positive, collaborative attitudes for continuous improvement of workmanship quality, capabilities, methods and efficiencies.
You will develop and implement software tools and other methods to plan and schedule the manufacturing activities, while also maintaining the plans and schedules in a current state.
- Manage the daily activities of the Production Department, including electronic assembly, electro-mechanical assembly, mechanical assembly, machine shop, production test, stockroom, purchasing and shipping/receiving.
- Effectively manage a diverse group of assemblers, machinists, technicians, and office personnel with the goal of efficiently producing aerospace pressure transducer hardware with exceptional quality and reliability.
- Develop, track and react to Key Process Indicators on critical aspects of the manufacturing system.
- Work with Engineering and Process Control departments to establish manufacturing methods and processes.
- Ensure workmanship of the highest quality for critical aerospace applications, including human-related space flight.
- Enforce company policies; ensure that Production employees follow procedures.
- Actively participate in efforts for improvement, corrective actions and failures.
- Perform expenditure and resource forecasts, proposal cost estimates.
- Work towards the development of better training programs, better procedures and more efficient work methods.
- At least 3 years comprehensive experience as a Production/Manufacturing Manager.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must demonstrate excellent proficiency in writing and communicating using the English language.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software, including Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications, engineering drawings and verification requirements.
- Capable of physical requirements of desk/office/computer work; some walking about and using test or assembly equipment on light-duty manufacturing floor; minimal/lightweight lifting.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility of work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification work form upon hire.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited institution, preferably in an engineering, technical or management field.
- Management experience in an ISO 9000 / AS 9100 quality system work environment.
- Previous product experience with low-volume, precision, high-tech assemblies.
- Knowledge and experience in 5S/Lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software systems.