Advantages to Tavis Corporation
Benefits of Tavis Corporation VR Technology
- Large signal output simplifies amplification and reduces drifts.
- Low power consumption results from high Q indicators that do not absorb energy.
- Sensors are completely isolated from pressure media.
- All elements welded in place to assure long term stability.
- Diaphragm free of all restrictions - assuring true infinite resolution.
- Output due to acceleration and vibration is low in all axes.
- High overpressure capability - 1,000 times Full Range on some low pressure designs.
- Tavis Pressure Transducer designs are rugged.
- Simplicity of design enhances reliability.
- "Wet-Wet" capability.
VR Sensor Technique
- Gage Assembly is all-welded, all-metallic, hermetic construction: The Tavis Corporation VR. transducers have an incredibly stable slope over time & environments
- Diaphragm does not touch sensor elements - unrestricted motion
- Electronics are completely isolated from gage media by welds
- No adhesives, bonding agents, linkages or coatings on diaphragm
- Wet-wet differential sensing capability
- Thrash media compatibility
- Diaphragm back-up for extreme overpressures
- Rugged and reliable under high stress (shock, vibration, pressure)
- High level sensor signal, requiring less electronics amplification: Fundamental gage output typically an order of magnitude greater than strain gage signals, less susceptible to degradation effects of the amplifiers over time and due to environments (i.e. temperature extremes and radiation).
In-House Testing Facilities
- Vibration shaker system
- Drop shock system
- Thermal, vacuum and pressure systems
- XRF materials analysis
- Clean room facilities
- Coordinate Measurement Machine for GDT verification
- Complete metrology department with NIST primary and transfer pressure standards
- Production machine shop and separate prototyping shop
In-House Soft Services
- Independent Document Control department with full customer configuration control
- Class I - traceability system
- Mechanical & electrical stress analysis
- Reliability and Spice Analyses
- CAD drafting systems (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Altium)
- Finite element analysis
- Project engineering including management of R&D efforts and special outside testing/analyses
Tech Bulletin101x (PDF- 91.7KB)
Tech Bulletin102x (PDF- 44.9KB)
Tech Bulletin103x (PDF- 42.3KB)